Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Facebook Login
Site Registration

Is Your School Investing in out-dated Science Labs? Get Robotics Lab Instead

0 votes

i-STEM Program (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) via Robotics lab 

ISCHOLAR's philosophy of learning by making means setting up a Robotics Lab in the school, together with a fully trained Robotics lab instructor in-house who is on premises through the year to train students. Targeted at students from class 3 - 10, the Robotics lab program typically is designed for student strength of about 500. Designed to be in-step with curriculum of the relevant grade, the Robotics lab has exercises, work-books and 'learn by doing' based mini-projects for all. The program is extremely successful in triggering 'a students curiosity about why and how things work and motivates the child to create innovative new models'. The Robotics Lab program is easy to set up and manage. 

Available for schools covering class 3- 10

Contact us for a demo or to learn more: Please call 99 800 36 371 or drop a mail to sridhar@isparkinnovations.net

posted May 28, 2018 by Gowri Vimalan

Promote This Blog
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

Related Blogs
+2 votes

Express photo by Kamleshwar Singh

“My first thought was these children are not going to live long by picking food from the streets. But I did not know how to help them. I did not know much about Indian culture and everyone I spoke to dismissed these children as rag-pickers and thieves," he says.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/how-a-monk-brought-children-out-of-slums-to-schools-lobsang-jamyang-dharamshala-4699506/

Varinder Bhatia | Dharamsala

In 1997, when Lobsang Jamyang escaped from Tibet and arrived in Dharamsala, the 24-year-old had two “goals in life”: to meet the Dalai Lama, which he did soon after arriving; and study religion, which he went on to do at Sera Jey monastery in Mundgod, Karnataka.

However, he says, it was only when he returned to Dharamsala in 2001 that he realised his second goal was farther away, that his religion had more to teach him. “Two children used to follow me as I went from my home to the monastery, wait for me outside all day, and follow me back, begging for a coin or something to eat,” says Lobsang. Then one day, in July that year, he saw the two foraging through a heap of garbage outside his one-room accommodation, looking for something to eat.

“My first thought was these children are not going to live long by picking food from the streets. But I did not know how to help them. I did not know much about Indian culture and everyone I spoke to dismissed these children as rag-pickers and thieves,” he says.

That was his big Buddhist moment. “My conscience pricked me. As a follower of His Holiness and a student of Buddhism, how could I allow such a thing to happen,” says the 44-year-old.

That’s how the monk, whose official status in India is that of a refugee, set up Tong Len Charitable Trust, which runs a residential set-up in Sarah village, some 15 km from Mcleodganj, with financial backing from the Dalai Lama. Today, there are 107 children, mainly ragpickers from the slums of Kangra Valley, who stay at Tong Len. For their schooling, the Trust has tied up with Dayanand Model Senior Secondary School.

Pinky, a 17-year-old, has just finished her higher secondary school with 75 per cent marks in the science stream. “I will be starting my coaching classes for my PMT (pre-medical test) exams. I want to be a doctor,” says Pinky. Both her parents are daily wagers.

Meenakshi Gautam, principal of Dayanand Model Senior Secondary School, says, “We are lucky to be part of this initiative. There are nearly 100 students from Tong Len who are with us.”

Lobsang says he used to pay parents Rs 150 every month to keep their children at Tong Len. “But as the numbers increased, we thought we should utilise the money to provide better facilities at Tong Len,” he says.

+2 votes

Photo Source:  kidsactivitiesblog.com

The other day, a reader wrote this: “My child is lying to get out of trouble.  My daughter is in the habit of lying in order to get out of trouble. How do I encourage her to tell the truth, even when it may mean consequences?

by Becky Mansfield
http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/97855/child-lying-get-trouble

So, we asked other parents to chime in and give us their best advice.  It was great, of course.  Here is what you said you do to encourage your kids to stop lying, even if it means that they might get into trouble.

1. A fun way to work on this is to play a game together. Talk about the rules before you play.  Ask your kids what they would think if someone cheated, just to win.
  2. We always say that we would rather our kids be honest up front.  We talk to them about it (not while it is happening, but all of the time).  We want them to know that lying now is not a good idea, and the truth will always come out… even if it is much later.
  3. I check my emotions. It is easy to overreact in the moment which then can cause kids to lie because they fear your overreaction.  Take a minute and count to 20 before reacting to any situation.
  4. Share about your mistakes openly with your kids. Kids can struggle with honesty because they fear disappointing their parents. Make it a habit to talk about what you failed at so they know you are not perfect.
  5. Hold a family meeting and go over consequences. Sometimes just having open plans about things can help clear the air.  What do they do if they have done something wrong.  What should they do if they have lied?
  6. Remind your child that as they show they are honest, you will be more apt to give more freedom. My mom always said she would trust us, but when the trust gets broken, it has to be rebuilt.
  7. Be an example of what you want to see. Are you telling little white lies and your child is watching?  Try to stop yourself from doing this and just be honest with your kids (as much as you can with little children, of course.)
  8. The next time they lie, talk calmly about what happened. Why did they lie? What happened as a result? Building a strong communication line with your kids is key to building honesty.
  9. When you are working on this issue, make sure and forgive and forget. Give your child the hope that you believe they can be honest- do not label them a liar. Instead, label the action and encourage them to turn from it.  Children live up to what we expect of them.   Our words become their inner voices.
  10. Don’t give up on your child! It can take a lot of repetition, but it is always worth it. Keep on teaching, training, and modeling what you want your child to do.
+1 vote

photocredit-bing.com

Health Minister Ramesh Kumar on Tuesday launched the 'Deafness Free Karnataka' project to provide cochlear implants to nearly 2,000 children below the age of six years.

http://www.deccanheraldepaper.com/

He laid the foundation stone for a 25-bed dialysis centre at KC General Hospital in the presence of Medical Education Minister Sharanprakash Patil and KPCC working president Dinesh Gundu Rao.

Kumar said deafness since birth should be identified early by screening newborns and if hearing aids do not help, they should get cochlear implants. "This should be done when the children are between eight months and six years of age," he said.

He said the new dialysis centre will provide affordable service to the poor in the coming days. "Though government hospitals provide quality and affordable treatment, people are apprehensive about using their services. I keep hearing jokes that if you enter government hospitals, you won't come out alive. We need to change this mentality," he said.

Kumar said he will soon come up with "good news" with regard to regulating private hospitals. "We will come up with it in 15 days," he added.

Under the Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram, which is funding the cochlear implant project, children are screened for 38 health conditions. The programme benefits all anganwadi children from birth to six years.

The state government has identified 1,939 children who will undergo preoperative evaluation, implant surgery and postoperative audio-verbal therapy for one year. Rs 5.1 lakh is being spent on each child.

0 votes

The Dolphio talking pen that makes learning, especially speaking and listening, altogether interesting besides infusing morals and life skills.

Its the joint initiative of the UNICEF and the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) that aimed at providing a new learning curve to those students hailing from the rural backdrop. To start with, the government has selected a Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya and a Zilla Parishad high school from each district in the State and provided them with a Dolphio talking pen, 100 each English and Telugu books that worth around Rs 1 lakh.

+2 votes

Marcom and Content Developer

Position: Will be full-time position based in Bangalore, reporting to Head of Marketing

Essential Skills:

1. Must have a strong flair for writing and developing content for the web, social media, blogs
  2. Must be able to generate product and target consumer relevant blog material and post
  3. Must be able to develop quick content summary based on consumer interviews over phone and eMail. Will connect with agencies, franchisee partners, resellers, sales staff to provide relevant marketing collateral with minor customization of content on demand.
  4. Should be a pleasing personality willing to work in start-up routines, wearing multiple hats in an exciting informal environment. Should be an excellent communicator -both spoken and written and should have a commitment to push the envelope on high quality writing.
  5. Should be social media / digital marketing tech savvy and be passionate about building a career in marketing content.

Environment:

Reporting to the head of Marketing, this position is based in a high-energy start-up environment in Bengaluru’s tech-hub of Indiranagar. Work culture at http://isparkinnovations,net  is open and un-inhibiting but challenging and fun. Creativity and productivity will always be valued over long boring hours. Impressing and retaining the customer is everything here. For more on this position, http://isparkinnovations.net/careers/

Please drop us a mail to careers@isparkinnovations.net; sridhar@isparkinnovations.com with subject stating position of interest.