ISpark Community
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Facebook Login
Site Registration

First day at school

+1 vote

Its something usual when children cry at first day at school, but that's even more cute when the children find their friends and stop crying and start playing. Children newly admitted to school are in tears ahead of the prayer session at a school which re-opened after the summer vacation in Bengaluru on Monday.

posted May 30, 2017 by Krinz Kiran

Promote This Blog
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

Related Blogs
+1 vote

Friends celebrate with Ashwin Rao, who scored 99.4% in ICSE examinations, on Monday. He is the student of St Paul's English School, JP Nagar, Bengaluru. DH Photo

Bengaluru: Ashwin Rao, a student of St Paul's English School, is on cloud nine.

Flanked by his parents and grandparents, he cannot stop smiling. With a score of 99.4%, he has surpassed last year's topper Abhineet Parichha from Odisha. Ashwin has company for the first rank, sharing it with Pune's Muskan Abdullah Pathan.

http://www.deccanheraldepaper.com/

His father Dwarka Rao feels it was the hard work and a little luck that helped Ashwin achieve the feat. "We were expecting 96% to 98%, but it was basically his expectations that he needed to meet. He never attended tuitions and was very focused about his exams. Various school activities helped, as it gave him some time off," said Rao, who works with automotive giant Fiat-Chrysler.

Ashwin says he gave time to all subjects, but focused on the subjects he liked. "Computer Science and Maths are my favorite subjects, so I spent a lot of time on them. I like Computer Science so much that I even wrote a Java program for tic-tac-toe during my holidays." His mother Lakshmi Rao said Ashwin holds a red belt in Kung-fu and feels he is naturally gifted to handle studies and extracurricular activities with equal aplomb. "He exceeded all expectations and we are on the moon."

Dwarka Rao, Father of Ashwin Rao: He never attended tuitions and was very focused about his exams. School activities helped, giving him some time off.

+1 vote

Sadanand Nayak, Principal District and Sessions Judge, inaugurating an awareness jatha in Yadgir on Thursday.

Sadanand S. Nayak, Principal District and Sessions Judge, said on Thursday that it was every citizen’s duty to prevent child marriage. He asked law enforcement agencies to ensure action is taken against those responsible for child marriages.

Jatha taken out against child marriage

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/educate-children-and-make-them-pillars-of-society-says-judge/article19079124.ece

He was addressing a gathering after inaugurating an awareness jatha titled ‘Prevention of Child Marriage and Shale Kade Nanna Nade’, jointly organised by the district administration, the zilla panchayat, the District Legal Services Authority, the District Bar Association and others.

Urging parents not to marry off their minor children, Mr. Nayak said that performing a child marriage was an offence under the law. “Educate your children, make them pillars of the society,” he said.

Deputy Commissioner Khushboo Goel Chowdhary and zilla panchayat CEO Avinash Menon Rajendran released booklets and pamphlets on the theme. Sharanappa Patil, deputy director of the Department of Women and Child Development, were present.

+2 votes

Photo credit - google.co.in

Shankar and Seema were working as child labourers to support their families but today they feel empowered as they work for the cause of deprived children.

Ranjith Kandya, Mysuru, DH News Service

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/617036/robbed-childhood-their-labour-love.html

The two, both aged 17, are members of ‘It’s Time to Talk - Children’s Views on Children’s Work’. As members of the campaign they visit various places across the country including New Delhi to create awareness about child labour and other issues pertaining to children. The campaign has members from 37 countries and aims to support the voice of working children from different contexts and facilitate it to be heard and considered in local, national and global meetings on child labour.

Sabeena says every child has a dream and having been a child labour herself, she is aware of the plight of such children. “Being a victim of child labour myself, it’s my duty to create awareness about the ill-effects of child labour. Education is the key to eradicate the social evil and governments should provide free and compulsory education till students complete II PUC,” she says.

While Sabeena was working in an incense manufacturing unit in Mysuru, Shankar was a flower vendor. Sabeena discontinued school when she was pursuing class V to support her family. Similarly, Shankar had to give up studies after his parents died.

Thanks to the city-based Rural Literacy and Health Programme (RLHP), an organisation working for deprived children, the two got a chance to become a part of mainstream society.

Shankar and Sabeena Banu, who were once school dropouts and child labourers, are now members of ‘It’s Time to Talk’, an international agency which campaigns against child labour.

Sabeena says that when she was working in the incense unit, a few volunteers of the RLHP noticed her and made all necessary arrangements to continue her education. “My mother was the breadwinner for the family. When I was in Class V, we faced severe hardships and thus I started working. I had to then give up my dreams of getting an education,” she says. Sabeena has now completed first PUC and has also completed basic courses in spoken English and computers.

Shankar says that members of the RLHP contacted him and took him along with them during one of their field visits. “I was admitted to Asha Kiran, a shelter house for boys, and I started going to school. I completed SSLC and applied for ITI,” he said. Shankar is also trained in organic farming and is well aware of farming methods.

+1 vote

Dear School / Education Institute Owners, Management personnel, Faculty, Advisers, Consultants and Others: -
At ISPARK INNOVATIONS, we thank you for your precious time and interest - in dropping by at the event, meeting us. 
We are keen to work with you and create a lasting engagement to deliver best solutions to the students at your schools.
You will receive product and solution information from us shortly. And one of us will call to discuss details further, shortly.

thank you for you support and best regards
Sridhar, Team ISPARK INNOVATIONS
www.isparkinnovations.net

enter image description here